Season 1, Episode 6: All About Custom Orthotics
In this episode, Bryan is chatting all about custom orthotics with Marek Zajac. Marek has over 20 years of experience in orthopedics and biomechanics. He also oversees the 3D scanning technology used in Foot Solutions stores which produces truly custom orthotics. Listen in to learn what makes an orthotic truly custom, why everyone needs a custom orthotic, and how the way you stand and walk affects your overall well-being.
What You’ll Hear in this Episode:
- The difference between foot care in Europe vs. America
- What makes an orthotic truly custom
- Why someone would need a custom orthotic instead of a mass produced one
- Why Marek doesn’t like the term “arch support”
- What is a gait analysis?
- The problem with using a foam box to make an orthotic
- How often custom orthotics last
- Our foot structure changes every 5-7 years
Mentioned in this Episode:
To be entered into a drawing to win a $100 Foot Solutions gift card, email Bryan at [email protected] and include Marek’s fun fact.