Season 2, Episode 7: Common Foot Problems: Metatarsalgia
Today Bryan is chatting with board certified podiatrist, Dr. Sondema Tarr. Dr. Tarr has a bachelor’s degree from the New York Institute of Technology and earned her doctorate of podiatry from Kent State University. After a 3 year surgical residency in Cleveland, Ohio she now resides in Phoenix, Arizona where she opened her own practice, Direct Podiatry Arizona. Listen in as Bryan and Dr. Tarr discuss a very common foot problem: metatarsalgia, what causes it, how to prevent it, and what to do if you are experiencing pain in the ball of your foot.
What You’ll Hear in this Episode:
- What inspired Dr. Tarr’s interest in the field of footcare
- How Dr. Tarr ended up starting her practice in Arizona
- Dr. Tarr’s opinion on how high heels affect your foot health
- What is metatarsalgia?
- What causes metatarsalgia
- How to prevent metatarsalgia
- What to do if you begin experiencing pain in the ball of your foot
- How custom orthotics can help metatarsalgia
- What is a metatarsal pad and how can it help?
- Foot pain isn’t normal and there is help for you
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Dr. Sondema Tarr on Instagram
- Dr. Sondema Tarr on TikTok
- Direct Podiatry Arizona
- Direct Podiatry Arizona on Instagram
- Custom Orthotics
To be entered into a drawing to win a $100 Foot Solutions gift card, email Bryan at [email protected] and include Dr. Tarr’s fun fact.